Friday, January 27, 2012

Good news, better news, and things I'm thinking about!

I've been doing some research... (source documents) and this is something that caught my attention:


"A pyrethroid is an organic compound similar to the natural pyrethrins produced by the flowers of pyrethrums. Pyrethroids now constitute a major commercial household insecticides In the concentrations used in such products, they may also have insect repellent properties and are generally harmless to human beings." 


Science is very advanced...we can definitely try to find a way to get rid of mosquitos without utilizing harming chemicals. these are good news.


Better news is the fact that I will be partnering with an organization called FUNDAMUNI. They deal with everything that I am very interested in doing. AND I have arranged to stay with their nutritionist while I am there. This is another aspect of health that I am very interested in!
This is their webpage fundamuni.org I am not sure if the page can translate--but there at least some cool images of their projects. 


Also, I've been reading this very interesting book by William Easterly. I will expand further on this later since its a very rich and relevant topic. 



No comments:

Post a Comment