Monday, January 23, 2012

WHY?


"The major source of surface water contamination is from untreated domestic and industrial waste disposal, as most effluent is released into the rivers and coastal areas without any treatment." 

And it matters because this can be stopped. 

Two years ago my own sister fell ill due to a water related problem. The community where we live (and most of El Salvador) try to cure the water with poison for mosquitos, however some of these practices are not the most efficient. My young sister was bit by a dengue infected mosquito. She was hospitalized. I feared for her life, we all did. This is inexcusable. I refuse to lose one of my loved ones to the mere fact that noting is being done to prevent this issue.
My sister was strong and made it through. But what about those children who are malnourished or cannot afford to go to the hospital? For the sake of them and my two other sisters currently living in El Salvador--something needs to be done. 
I need to help.

 Because I love them.

No comments:

Post a Comment