Saturday, February 11, 2012

Much to be done

The exersise in class today made me realize that I have a lot of research to do. As I expected the more I research, the more I become interested in more/detailed aspects of my project. I want to take the ideas of teh GREEN project and try it out with the youth of El Salvador. More specifically a group in the department of Cabanas. FUNDAMUNI already works with youth and kids--the perfect audience. But I don't know if this organization has a partnership with any of the schools down there. This would be ideal. That is how the projetct works here in the United States.
Another thing that I didn't really take into consideration before is the fact that I am the one who will be teaching these kids how to measure the water quality. And I am not expert. In the group the idea came up to try to find a professor that might be able to help me out. I need to get on this ASAP! Another subjestion was to try to find donors for some of the materials that I may need.
I am very exited. Everything is really coming together for this project. I am hoping to slowly make it a nation wide thing. Why not? My fears are that I am inexperienced, and frankly just a kid... but I do have that huge desire to help.

No comments:

Post a Comment