Friday, February 17, 2012

On my own

I know that the individuals are going on these trips and doing everything else on "our own." But it really hit me last last, that this is project is totally on me.
I can make it amazing or I could come short to what I am expecting. Something that the facilitator said last class really helped me come down from the clouds. She said, "Make some realistic expectations."
This made me realize that I am going in the same path that I always take when I am exited about something. I always think of these great big ideas... and when it comes to it, they don't always turn out exactly how I envisioned them.
So, this is my question to myself, "How can I keep my feet on the ground for this project?"
Don't get me wrong...I strongly believe in dreaming big...but I also believe that the only way to get there is by taking baby-steps. This is what I need to realized. This first trip can serve as a laying-on-the-foundation for the rest of my ideas.
Thinking like this and viewing my trip through this perspective as already helped me not freak out about the many preparations and obstacles still to come.
This project does not need to be in some magazine or newspaper. It just need to have a big enough impact in my life so that I will continue to feel compassion and charity for others. Also understanding that I will learn from whom I help just as much as I may be able to teach them will help me realize that this project is a two way street. Not everything is on my shoulders. What is up to me however, is how I take advantage of this opportunity.

1 comment:

  1. Also, my trip dates are the following: May 1st to July 30th. Good?

    ReplyDelete